Socio Economic and Caste Census 2011 - Important Announcement - Mock247
The Socio Economic and Caste Census 2011 was directed for the 2011 Census of India. The Manmohan Singh government endorsed the Socio Economic and Caste Census 2011 to be done after the conversation in the two places of Parliament in 2010.
SECC-2011 is an investigation of the financial status of the country and urban family units and permits the positioning of families dependent on predefined parameters.
SECC 2011 has three enumeration segments that were directed by three separate specialists yet under the general coordination of the Department of Rural Development in the Government of India.
The enumeration in Rural Area has been directed by the Department of Rural Development (DoRD). Evaluation in Urban regions is under the regulatory locale of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (MoHUPA). Standing Census is under the authoritative control of the Ministry of Home Affairs: Registrar General of India (RGI) and Census Commissioner of India.
Service of Rural Development initiated the Socio-Economic Caste Census-2011 on 29th June 2011 through an exhaustive way to entryway identification the nation over.
SECC 2011 is a novel paperless Census. The count of the information was finished utilizing over 6.4 lakh electronic handheld gadgets. Family unit information was taken from the National Population Register alongside the Temporary Identification Number (TIN).
The government plans to use the Socio Economic and Caste Census 2011 data to identify individual beneficiaries for all its schemes to ensure that benefits meant for the deprived population reach the right people, a senior official said. A cabinet note will be moved soon to start this change, the person said.
Presently, only the rural development ministry and a few departments use the Socio-Economic and Caste Census (SECC) data for their programs. The note being prepared by the rural development ministry would suggest the use of SECC data for all schemes including the National Food Security Act and health programs, the official said. “We will have to come up with a formula to see who will qualify to get each subsidy,” the person told ET. “This way, more deserving will be able to get the benefits of the schemes.”
Numerous states have additionally communicated enthusiasm for utilizing the information to recognize the genuine denied for their plans for poor families for plans, for example, Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) LPG association conspire.
SECC information accommodates programmed prohibition based on 14 parameters, programmed consideration based on five parameters, and evaluating of hardship based on seven criteria. As indicated by SECC information discharged in July 2015, over 62% of provincial family units in the nation qualified as denied. Of the all-out 17.9 crore rustic families, 13%, or 2.37 crore families, despite everything live in houses with just one stay with impermanent, alternative dividers and rooftop.
In excess of four crore families have no proficient grown-up more than 25 years old, while 65 lakh are with no grown-up individuals between ages 18 and 59.
On an occasion that there is a difference in the distinguishing proof of recipients utilizing the underneath neediness line testament and the SECC information, the last is probably going to win since it is increasingly logical and focused on.
Some of the Key Points of the SECC are as under:
1. There are an all outnumber of 24.39 crore families in India, of which 17.91 crores live in towns. Of these,
10.69 crore family units are considered as denied.
2. 49% of the family units can be viewed as poor in the feeling of confronting some hardship.
3. By far most – over 90% – of country India, doesn't have salaried employments.
4. Working in something besides farming will be an extreme solicit, given the degree of instruction – less than 10 percent make it to higher optional or above and simply 3.41 percent of families have a relative who is, in any event, an alumni.
5. Just 30% of country family units rely upon development as their principle wellspring of salary. While 51.14% get sustenance from manual easygoing work (MCL).
6. In almost 75 percent of the provincial families, the principle acquiring relative makes not as much as Rs 5,000 every month (or Rs 60,000 yearly). In only eight percent of families, units do the fundamental winning part makes more than Rs 10,000 every month.
7. 56.25% of provincial families hold no agrarian land.
8. Taking all things together, half of the country India is denied in any event one of these pointers. The discoveries of the registration are like that of the Rangarajan board of trustees, a specialized master bunch set up in 2012. The board had discovered that the level of individuals beneath the destitution line in 2011-12 was 30.95 in country zones and 26.4 in urban regions.
The Census 2011 recorded 11.65 lakh, rustic houseless individuals, while in SECC their numbers were just 6.1 lakh. The temporary country information of SECC 2011 shows Scheduled Castes at 18.46% (or 15.88 crores), Scheduled Tribes at 10.97% (9.27 crore), Others at 68.52%, and 2.04% (or 36.57 lakh) as "No Caste and Tribe" family units.
- 100+ Mock Tests
- SSC CGL Mock Test Tier 1
- SSC CGL Mock Test Tier 2
- SBI Clerk Mock Test Prelims
- SBI Clerk Mock Test Mains
- RBI Assistant Mock Test Prelims
- RBI Assistant Mock Test Mains
All The Best For Your Exams.